Saturday, July 18, 2009

Havasu ATV Trails


I have to admit: I didn't quite get the whole ATV / quad thing until I went to Lake Havasu. We bought a Polaris about a month ago, and it was kind of fun riding our neighborhood's dirt roads. I put the emphasis on "kind of," though. Havasu was different.

Behind my sister's Havasu neighborhood is a wide open area crisscrossed with riding trails. Some are steep, some rocky and some sandy. One--or maybe more than one--goes down to the lake. My favorite, though, are the bumpy trails, the ones that make you feel like you're on a rocking horse, gently going back and forth. Unfortunately, because it's so hot now, you have to go early in the morning, and by 8a.m., you're still gritty and sweaty.

After that first ride, I noticed that all of Havasu seems to have access to some trail system or another. I don't know where the best trails are. I don't know what the regulations are. I am, after all, new to the whole quading thing. Still, if you're looking for a great area to ride, check out the Havasu area. Just maybe....wait until the fall when it cools off.

No comments:

Post a Comment